Peach season is coming and one of my favorite ways to eat a fresh peaches is to grill them! This recipe could be a light dessert or part of a weekend brunch. You will want to have a medium hot grill; the length of time you leave the peaches on the grill will determine how soft they will get. Be careful not to leave them on too long as they will become too soft to remove easily.
- 4 ripe peaches, split in half with pit removed
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 tablespoons chopped, toasted almonds
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- Get either a charcoal grill or gas grill up to medium hot.
- Brush exposed side of peaches with olive or vegetable oil.
- Place halved peaches exposed side down on grill. Leave on for three to four minutes - flip and grill another 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and place on plate. Spoon 1 oz goat cheese into center of each peach half. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle almonds and lavender on top.