Makes 1 serving
While we are excited that Spring is here, for you and those close to you it could mean colds are here as well. Around our house this is cause for celebration because it means Hot Toddy's! These are not only delicious but they do help when you have a cough and/or sore throat. However, if you are perfectly healthy I hereby grant you a lifetime pass to drink Hot Toddy's even when well (hive five!). Here is a recipe we like for adults. When our kids aren't feeling well we omit the alcohol and replace with Apple Cider Vinegar. Some people add Cider Vinegar even with the whiskey/bourbon. You're welcome :)
Here is what you need:
- A large microwave safe mug
- Your favorite dark tea or green tea (either in a bag, or loose)
- 2 oz bourbon (or whiskey) - substitute cider vinegar for kids
- 1 tbsp Raw Bluegrass Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A slice of fresh lemon
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Brew about 1 cup of hot tea. If you have a large mug you can make a little more.
- Once your tea is ready, add the bourbon. If this cools down the tea, pop it in the microwave to heat it back up. We want it hot, but not boiling.
- Now add your honey, cinnamon and the lemon juice, stir well. Always feel free to add more honey if you prefer!
- Drop in the lemon slice and enjoy!